Avocent Data Center Planner is a visual infrastructure planning and management solution. It provides data center management with accurate and complete information about where devices and equipment are located, their current capacities and their growth..
- Inventory Management - Know the physical location and attributes of all equipment in a data center and search for assets by their characteristics and their physical location
- Configuration Management - Simplify planning and management with a complete model of the environment while improving communication with a single source of truth for Facilities and IT
- Capacity Tracking - Know the infrastructure capacities and align resources to meet the data center requirements. Right-size the infrastructure and decrease costs associated with over-provisioning and risks associated with under-provisioning.
- Access Control - Define user rights by restricting/allowing access to view plans and/or devices, as well as an ability to view without the option of modification, and of course the ability to both view and modify or manipulate.
- Real-World Power Usage - Gather power information from Avocent and Liebert devices, as well as from DSView and Sitescan Web.
- Reporting - Improve decision-making with comprehensive analytics and gain detailed insight into the infrastructure status and equipment managed.
- Intuitive Visual Interface - Enhance process efficiency and minimize system administration with at-a-glance infrastructure status and predictive modeling.
- End-to-End Connection Visualization - Capture and view the most realistic, current-state view of the data center.